Essential Cremation or Burial
Funeral Director Fees – £1995
Does not include disbursements.
For Cremation & Burial
- Bringing the person who has died into the care of Rosedale from the place of death within a 20-mile radius. Use of our mortuary facilities and gentle and sensitive care of the person who has died up until the time of the cremation. Organise appointments for the necessary doctors to visit the person who has died and complete the statutory cremation forms.
- An initial meeting with you and other family members to discuss all aspects of the funeral service and cremation and complete the paperwork. This meeting can be conducted face to face, over the telephone or by zoom, whichever the family prefer.
- Liaising with the involved professionals on your behalf such as the Doctor, Registrar, Coroner, Minister or Celebrant and crematorium staff keeping you in the loop with communications, including written confirmations of all the arrangements.
- The professional services of our qualified and caring staff who will give you all the time you need to support you with registering the death and arranging the cremation. Unlimited support by phone and email is given throughout the whole process.
- The preparation and collation of all the statutory paperwork for cremation and ensuring this reaches the crematorium in a secure and timely manner.
- The provision of a simple white gown for the person who has died, or the alternative of dressing them in their own clothes.
- A traditional simulated oak foil coffin which has been lined to include a pillow and a brass effect name plate showing their full name, age and date of death.
- Taking a digital fingerprint scan that can be transferred with a personalised message onto a variety of different keepsakes.
- The Rosedale chapel of rest to be made available for appointments during usual office hours to give the family the opportunity pay their last respects or to add personal items into the coffin.
- The creation of a Much Loved tribute page which can serve as a beautiful online memorial as well as giving the opportunity for friends and family to leave an online, gift aided donation in lieu of flowers to a charity of your choosing.
- A funeral service and cremation organised at a local crematorium of your choosing at a mutually convenient day and time, with mourners being able to attend the service.
- Access to our local bereavement support groups led by caring, trained facilitators where you can meet with other people who understand what grief can feel like and can help you to navigate your way through it. Access to our bereavement lending library and signposting to specialist bereavement support where necessary.
- Online access to an award winning probate and estate administration team who will guide you through every necessary practical and legal step following a bereavement – in manageable chunks, including locating a Will, applying for Probate, HMRC forms, providing template letters to companies and banks and distributing funds to beneficiaries.
- An invitation to Rosedale’s annual remembrance service at Christmas and the opportunity to be kept informed of other appropriate events that may support your family.
- The use of a floral tribute for the funeral in the form of a coffin spray created by a local florist using silk flowers
- The cortege comprising of a traditional hearse to transport the coffin to the crematorium.
- Following the cremation, we can collect the cremated remains from the crematorium within a two-week period and keep these safely at Rosedale until you are able to come and collect them. The cremated remains are returned in a simple box or screw top jar provided by the crematorium, however if you wish to purchase an urn or casket from Rosedale we will transfer the cremated remains for you.
- Professional advice regarding memorial and jewellery keepsakes such as ashes into glass or heart in diamond which creates stunningly beautiful diamonds from your loved one’s hair or ashes so you can hold on to your special memories of them — forever.
- The cortege comprising of a traditional hearse to transport the coffin to the burial ground.
- A wooden grave marker with a temporary brass effect name plate so that the grave is marked until you are able to erect a permanent headstone or other memorial.
- Professional advice regarding memorial and jewellery keepsakes such as heart in diamond which creates stunningly beautiful diamonds from your loved one’s hair so you can hold on to your special memories of them — forever.
These packages have been developed to meet the needs of families who request a no frills, cremation or burial service and to be competitive with other funeral providers. If you wish to add in additional elements such as a funeral service at a different venue prior to the burial or cremation, printed order of service or newspaper notices this may be possible at our discretion, but it may be that a bespoke funeral arrangement would be more suitable for your needs. No discounts can be given for parts of the specification not used. You should take careful note of the following exclusions to ensure it is the right package for you and your family.
A funeral service is included to take place at the same venue as the cremation or burial, and it is not possible to have a funeral service in a different location first.
We do not routinely carry out embalming of the person who has died but can arrange this, at an additional cost at the request of the family. If the circumstances dictate that embalming is advisable we will discuss this with you and when we have your written permission, we will appoint our sensitive embalmer.
All third party payments, sometimes referred to as disbursements are excluded, such as:
- Any church or cremation fees
- A celebrant or minister to plan and lead the service.
- The Doctors fees for cremation if applicable
In addition, the following restrictions apply to the option for a direct burial:
- The removal of a headstone, memorial plaque or other memorial which may be necessary for an existing grave to be re-opened for an additional burial is excluded, as is any provision of a new memorial of any kind although we can recommend a stone mason to you to help you select a suitable memorial.
The cost of burial varies widely throughout Norfolk and Suffolk depending on the cemetery, churchyard or natural burial ground you choose and whether you are a local resident. The burial plot or interment fee and any charges for the preparation of the grave or exclusive rights of burial are therefore NOT included, but please enquire and we will be able to advise you.
We take a digital fingerprint scan as a matter of routine, enabling you to select personalised keepsakes at a later date, however if you wish to consider a Heart in Diamond keepsake, you must instruct us in advance of the funeral to take a lock of hair from the person who has died.