Unattended Cremation or Burial
£1300 for Crematorium
£1200 for a Burial
For Cremation & Burial
- An initial meeting with you and other family members to discuss all aspects of the cremation and complete the paperwork. This meeting can be conducted face to face, over the telephone or by zoom, which ever the family prefer.
- Liaising with the involved professionals on your behalf such as the Doctors, Registrar, Coroner and Crematorium staff and keeping you in the loop with communications.
- The professional services of our qualified and caring staff who will give you all the time you need to support you with registering the death and arranging the cremation. Unlimited support by phone and email is given throughout the whole process.
- The provision of a simple white gown for the person who has died, a chipboard coffin which has been lined to include a pillow and a name plate showing their full name, age and date of death.
- Taking a digital fingerprint scan that can be transferred with a personalised message onto a variety of different keepsakes.
- Access to our local bereavement support groups led by caring, trained facilitators where you can meet with other people who understand what grief can feel like and can help you to navigate your way through it. Access to our bereavement lending library and signposting to specialist bereavement support where necessary.
- Online access to an award winning probate and estate administration team who will guide you through every necessary practical and legal step following a bereavement – in manageable chunks, including locating a Will, applying for Probate, HMRC forms, providing template letters to companies and banks and distributing funds to beneficiaries.
- An invitation to Rosedale’s annual remembrance service at Christmas and the opportunity to be kept informed of other appropriate events that may support your family.
- Bringing the person who has died into the care of Rosedale from the place of death within a 15-mile radius. Use of our mortuary facilities and gentle and sensitive care of the person who has died up until the time of the cremation. Organise appointments for the necessary doctors to visit the person who has died and complete the statutory cremation forms. Payment of statutory cremation fees and doctors’ fees. (where applicable)
- A cremation organised at a venue and on a day and time of our choice.
- a private ambulance or other suitable vehicle of our choice to transport the coffin to a crematorium of our choice.
- The preparation and collation of all the statutory paperwork for cremation and ensuring this reaches the crematorium in a secure and timely manner.
- Following the cremation, we can collect the cremated remains from the crematorium within 21 days and keep these safely at Rosedale until you are able to come and collect them. The cremated remains are returned in a simple box or screw top jar provided by the crematorium, however if you wish to purchase an urn or casket from Rosedale we will transfer the cremated remains for you.
- Professional advice regarding memorial and jewellery keepsakes such as ashes into glass or heart in diamond which creates stunningly beautiful diamonds from your loved one’s hair or ashes so you can hold on to your special memories of them — forever.
- Bringing the person who has died into the care of Rosedale from the place of death to Rosedale within a 15-mile radius. Use of our mortuary facilities and gentle and sensitive care of the person who has died up until the time of the cremation
- A burial organised on a day and time of our choice
- a private ambulance or other suitable vehicle of our choice to transfer the coffin to the burial ground.
- The preparation and collation of all the statutory paperwork for burial and ensuring this reaches the burial authority in a secure and timely manner.
- A wooden grave marker with a temporary brass effect name plate so that the grave is marked until you are able to erect a permanent headstone or other memorial.
- Professional advice regarding memorial and jewellery keepsakes such as heart in diamond which creates stunningly beautiful diamonds from your loved one’s hair so you can hold on to your special memories of them — forever.
These packages have been developed to meet the needs of families who request a no frills, direct cremation or direct burial and to be competitive with other providers of unattended funerals. It is therefore not possible to alter or deviate from the specification and you should take careful note of the following restrictions to ensure it is the right package for you and your family.
- The person who has died would not be embalmed or dressed in their own clothes and there is no provision included for visiting the chapel of rest to pay your last respects or to add personal items into the coffin.
- You will not be informed of the day and time of the cremation or burial and are unable to choose the day or time of the cremation or burial. It is likely that the cremation will take place outside of East Anglia
- There is no traditional hearse or funeral cortege procession.
- There is no attendance of family or friends or mourners of any kind.
- There is no service at the crematorium or cemetery and as such there will be no minister of religion or celebrant and no words of committal.
- We will not administer any donations to charity in lieu of flowers and there is no ability to send floral tributes to accompany the coffin.
- We take a digital fingerprint scan as a matter of routine, enabling you to select personalised keepsakes at a later date.
In addition, the following restrictions apply to the option for a direct burial:
- The cost of burial varies widely throughout Norfolk and Suffolk depending on the cemetery, churchyard or natural burial ground you choose and whether you are a local resident. The burial plot or interment fee and any charges for the preparation of the grave or exclusive rights of burial are therefore NOT included, but please enquire and we will be able to advise you.
- The removal of a headstone, memorial plaque or other memorial which may be necessary for an existing grave to be re-opened for an additional burial is excluded, as is any provision of a new memorial of any kind although we can recommend a stone mason to you to help you select a suitable memorial.
- We take a digital fingerprint scan as a matter of routine, enabling you to select personalised keepsakes at a later date, however if you wish to consider a Heart in Diamond keepsake, you must instruct us in advance of the funeral to take a lock of hair from the person who has died.