What to do when someone dies
Speak to an award-winning bereavement team
0800 954 01 12
In association with award winning and SAIF endorsed Trust Inheritance, we can now provide a free helpline for families to find clear information during bereavement which is delivered by a compassionate team with over 30 years experience.
The legal and practical matters during bereavement can be a source of anxiety and if you get them wrong, there could be legal implications or delays. This can exacerbate the grief process further.
Through Trust Inheritance, we have arranged access to free professional support services that we trust to answer your questions about the legal and practical matters following a death.
Please use the award-winning, jargon-free helpline to ask any questions you may have relating to practical or legal matters during bereavement. From paperwork, to property to probate. Alternatively, click here for access to the online portal which provides further advice online.
What can I get help with?
You can use this helpline to access support for any legal or practical queries following bereavement. Here are some common queries:
- My next steps- registering a death
- What is Probate, do I need it and how do I get it?
- Do I need to hire a solicitor and how much should it cost?
- Can I administer an estate myself?
- How do I locate a Will?
- I need to clear, insure, or sell a property- help
- What do I do with my loved ones pets?
- What do I do if someone dies intestate?