WAY Widowed & Young is a self-help group that offers emotional and practical support to young widowed men and women as they adjust to life after the death of their partner. The group has members in Norfolk and Suffolk.
They have lively social groups that meet up throughout the year for drinks, meals out, walks and picnics. They organise weekends away for adults and families, go camping, have parties and offer an alternative social life for people who have lost their partner.
For an initial year’s membership fee of just £25, members have access to:
- social activities for adults, children and families
- weekend trips and holidays across the UK and abroad
- a secure, Members’ only website and chatroom and a members’ only Facebook group
- a quarterly newsletter and monthly enewsletter
- an AGM held in different parts of the country each year
- information about other organisations and counselling groups
Their website can be found at www.widowedandyoung.org.uk and has lots of helpful features.