Pre-paying your own funeral
Everyone has their own ideas about the type of funeral they would like. You may choose something simple and straightforward, a direct cremation with a memorial service afterwards may be appropriate for your circumstances. Or, you might prefer a funeral with additional services and special touches. These can be accommodated within your funeral plan or you may prefer one of our most commonly-selected plans. We will discuss different options with you so you can decide on the best arrangements for you.
The Economy Plan £2,245
This plan covers the essentials for a simple funeral i.e. a basic coffin and a hearse to meet the family at the funeral venue, time and date to be chosen by Rosedale Funeral Home.
It does not include facilities for viewing, a procession from the house, attendance at a church service prior to a cremation, listing and acknowledging charitable donations or a limousine.
This plan does not include contributions towards third party expenses.
The Standard Plan £3,709
This plan provides a simpler funeral than the Traditional Plan:
- The coffin provided is finished in oak veneer.
- No limousines are included in this plan.
- Facilities for viewing are available during office hours only.
- No allowance is included for a church service prior to cremation.
The Eco Plan £4,214
For those who are conscious of their impact on the environment, this plan provides a similar funeral to the Traditional Plan, but with a coffin woven from bamboo – a sustainable material which has been ethically produced in a Fair Trade setting.
A limousine is not included and we can advise you on other ways to make your funeral as environmentally friendly as possible.
The Traditional Plan £4,095
This plan provides a traditional style funeral with a quality veneered coffin:
- Guidance on the registration of a death.
- Bringing the deceased into the care of Rosedale from the place of death (within 20 miles), dressing and encoffining, including facilities for viewing in our Chapel of Rest at any time, by appointment.
- A veneered coffin with lined interior and matching gown.
- Making all arrangements and providing staff for the funeral service.
- Supply of a hearse and four bearers with one limousine for mourners.
- The cortège can leave from a private address prior to the funeral service at a local church, followed by committal at a local crematorium, churchyard or cemetery.
- Create a Much Loved online tribute site and list and acknowledge charitable donations.
- A contribution towards disbursements such as cremation or burial fees.
The Superior Plan £5,104
This plan provides a premium service with the following variations to the Traditional Plan:
- A solid oak coffin with lined interior and matching gown.
- Supply of two limousines for mourners.
- Printing fifty personalised service sheets.
The Personalised Plan
A funeral is a very personal matter and many people have particular wishes. If none of the above plans suit your requirements then please contact our office and we will prepare a personalised plan just for you, to allow for whatever services you require, for example a personalised picture coffin, a cremation urn or casket, woodland burial, non-religious funeral, direct cremation, etc.
Prices quoted include £1,000 towards disbursements (excluding The Economy Plan) and £250 administration and management fee.
Third party costs
You can choose to include a contribution towards third party costs such as fees for cremation or burial, medical fees and minister’s or church fees. These costs are outside of our control. If these costs, as listed in the plan details, are not covered by the plan value at the time of need, there will be a balance to pay.
You may pay for your funeral plan by lump sum or manageable monthly instalments over 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years. There is an additional cost for paying by instalments over 2, 3, 4 or 5 years and this additional cost is held in the plan and used for your funeral when the time comes. Additional Instalment Payment Terms and Conditions apply – please ask for details. Please view our Instalment Prices sheet for more information.
Prices correct as at February 2021 and may change in the future. Terms and Conditions apply. Your plan will be administered by Ecclesiastical Planning Services.